Urdu, Arabic and Calligraphy
Sofia Educational and Welfare Society runs several educational programs for students to help them with employment. Urdu, Arabic and Calligraphy classes are one among them. These programs are in existence since 2010 with the support of National Council for Promotion of Urdu (NCPUL), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India. More than 2,500 beneficiaries have been awarded with the certificate till date.
Urdu and Arabic Classes
More than 100 students, both boys and girls, with no age bar, get enrolled in these classes which are held at NGO Sofia’s Education Centre at:
Street no. 6,
New Delhi - 110094
NGO Sofia arranges free classes and provides tutorials to the students. After completion of the course, the NGO conducts exams and also provides authorized certificates to the successful students.
The program helps students to learn stylish handwriting.
During the course, they:
- Improve handwriting; develop infinity for Words and Fonts.
- Learn to work with concentration.
- Learn to create Birthday Invites, Greeting Cards, Thank You Cards, Project Titles, and Chart Content among others.
1) A calligraphy stall is being awarded by ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. Of India at HUNAR HATT, Khadak singh marg Connaught palace New Delhi from 10thFebruary, 2018 to 18 February , 2018 . Sh. Rajnath singh (Home Minister) and Sh. Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi (Minister Minority affairs) visited and appreciated the calligraphy art.
2) A calligraphy stall is being awarded by Urdu Academy in Jashn-e-Virasat-e-Urdu Govt. Of NCT, Delhi at Central park Connaught Palace from 15th February, 2018 to 20 February 2018. Sh. Manish Sisodia (Deputy Chief Minister), Renowned Gazal Singer Sh. Talat Aziz, Sh. Imran Husain ( minister Delhi Govt.) visited calligraphy stall and SOFIA got a huge response in this Urdu Festival.
- We got a calligraphy stall at Janakpuri Haat which won us immense praises from audience.
- On 30th March 2016, NGO Sofia organised a seminar on “Delhi Mein Urdu Ki Surat-e-Haal” at India Islamic Centre. It witnessed over 500 attendees along with renowned personality like Professor Irtaza Qarim Director NCPUL, Professor Anwar Pasha (JNU), Dr. Majid Deobandi (Vice Chairman Urdu Academy) and Shakeel Malik (Director DSFDC) and many other dignitaries.
- We organised a one-day workshop in association with INTACH - Indian National Trust for Art and Cultural Heritage - in November 2017.
- We have also conducted a three-day calligraphy workshop in Amity University during their annual day celebrations in February 2017.
- We initiated a Calligraphy Workshop at Welham Boys, Dehradun in April 2017.
- We have also participated in Calligraphy exhibition at Suraj Kund Craft Mela.
- Attended three-day event Jashn-E-Rekhta IGNCA, New Delhi in 2017.
- Took part in Jashn-E-Adab Calligraphy workshop and our art work was displayed at India International Center.
- We have also contributed to NGO Mela at YMCA at Lodhi Road, New Delhi.